Advertisement

Campers found dead in cabin

Getty

Getty

A young couple discovered dead in a cabin in the foothills of the NSW Blue Mountains might have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

The man and the woman, believed to be aged in their 30s, might have been overcome by fumes from a woodchip heater inside the cabin, a Fire & Rescue spokeswoman said.

Body found in search for fishermen
Supermodel Kate Moss escorted off flight
‘Muslims should integrate’

Police were called to Browns Road in Kurrajong, on Sydney’s northwest outskirts, about 7.40am on Monday.

Authorities are understood to be investigating whether the pair might have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

They were part of a group of campers at a temporary campsite, reportedly made up of shipping containers, 2GB reported.
A crime scene has been established.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Stay informed, daily
A FREE subscription to The New Daily arrives every morning and evening.
The New Daily is a trusted source of national news and information and is provided free for all Australians. Read our editorial charter.
Copyright © 2024 The New Daily.
All rights reserved.