Advertisement

Swans players involved in ‘alleged incident’

The AFL club has confirmed several players were involved in an alleged incident after the MCG win. <i>Photo: AAP</i>

The AFL club has confirmed several players were involved in an alleged incident after the MCG win. Photo: AAP

Victoria Police are investigating a report of sexual assault as AFL club Sydney confirmed several Swans players were involved in an “alleged incident”.

Police attended the Pullman Hotel in East Melbourne on Monday after an incident early in the morning.

The Swans stayed at the hotel on Sunday night after their 36-point win over Essendon at the MCG that locked in second place on the ladder and a home qualifying final.

“Police are investigating a report of a sexual assault in East Melbourne on 17 August,” Victoria Police said in a statement provided to AAP.

“The incident occurred at a hotel on Wellington Parade in the early hours of the morning.

“The exact circumstances are yet to be established and the investigation into the incident remains ongoing.”

Earlier on Monday, Sydney confirmed several players had been involved in an alleged incident in Melbourne.

“The Sydney Swans can confirm several players were involved in an alleged incident in Melbourne last night,” the club said in a statement.

“The Swans have notified the AFL and relevant authorities and cannot provide further comment at this stage.”

AAP has contacted the AFL for comment.

1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732)

National Sexual Abuse and Redress Support Service 1800 211 028

–AAP

Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?

  1. Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
  2. Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.
Advertisement
Stay informed, daily
A FREE subscription to The New Daily arrives every morning and evening.
The New Daily is a trusted source of national news and information and is provided free for all Australians. Read our editorial charter.
Copyright © 2026 The New Daily.
All rights reserved.